This Sonoma County Health Order is no longer in effect. This content is provided for historical reference only.
« Return to list of archived Health Orders | See list of Health Orders currently in effect »
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120275, et seq.)
UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTIONS 101040, 101085, AND 120175, THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF SONOMA (“HEALTH OFFICER”) ORDERS:
- Summary. This Amendment extends the compliance date for the twice weekly testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of Orders C19-32 & C19-33 to give employers more time to secure sufficient testing.This Amendment does not extend the compliance date for booster vaccine verification, face covering requirement, or any other requirement contained within Orders of the Health Officer of the County of Sonoma C19-32 & C19-33 (herein referred to as the “Orders”).
- Basis. Employers of Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Pharmacies, Dental Offices, operators of Temporary Disaster Shelters in Sonoma County, as well as public and private schools serving students in Transitional Kindergarten through grade 12, must require their Personnel or Workers (as those terms are defined within each order) to get tested twice weekly for the virus that causes Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) or produce satisfactory evidence that they are Fully Updated against COVID-19. The Sonoma County Health Department continues to work with employers to secure sufficient testing; however, COVID-19 testing demand is high and some employers may not be able to secure sufficient testing by the Effective Date and Time of the Orders.
- COVID-19 Test Requirements. All Employers shall enforce the twice weekly testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of Orders as soon as they secure sufficient testing, and no later than 12:01 a.m. on March 1, 2022. This extension does not apply to employers who have already secured sufficient testing arrangements for Personnel or Workers.Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of the Orders is also modified to clarify that Personnel or Workers who work twice a week, or less, may be tested once a week.
- Order C19-32 & C19-33 Requirements. All employers shall enforce all other requirements of Orders by the Effective Date and Time (12:01 a.m. on February 1, 2022).
- Obligation to Follow Stricter Requirements of Orders. Where a conflict exists between this Amendment and Order and any state or federal orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the most restrictive provision (i.e., the more protective of public health) controls.
- Copies; Contact Information. Copies of this Amendment shall promptly be: (1) made available at the County Administration Center at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa CA 95403; (2) posted on the County Public Health Department website (https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Public-Health/) and (http://socotestpsa.org/); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH
Health Officer of the County of Sonoma