The following is guidance for responding to COVID-19 outbreaks in settings where mitigation remains critical. Sonoma County Public Health is aligning its guidance with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). We are asking that each facility check in with their licensing body as needed to make sure they are in compliance with those requirements. Please also consider any Cal/OSHA requirements and regulations that apply specifically to your business. If guidance conflicts, please follow the strictest guidance. If you have further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
Below you will find links for the most updated guidance on definitions of outbreaks, vaccines, treatments, reporting, mitigation resources and testing.
- Guidance by Topic – California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Quickly navigate through COVID-19 guidance by topic.
- COVID-19 Guidance and Resources (Cal/OSHA) – Links to guidance by industry, FAQs, webinars, trainings, non-emergency regulations and ATD standards.
- California For All (CDPH) – SMARTER Plan, vaccines, treatment, testing and resources.
- COVID-19 Information (CDC) – Additional guidance for travel, corrections and shelters.
- HIPAA and COVID-19
- United States-Mexico Public Health – Information for migrant workers.
- Safe Schools for All Hub (CDPH)
- COVID-19 Information for Schools, Families, and Staff (SCOE)
- Safe Schools for All: Parent Page (CDPH) – Regularly updated SS4A information on COVID-19 safety, testing, vaccination and child care resources for families.
- Community Care Licensing Division (CDSS) – Adult care, child care, children’s residential, continuing care, home care services and senior care.
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions (CMS) – Type ‘COVID’ in filter for CMS Quality Safety & Oversight (QSO) memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
- Clearpol – A compliance management platform for health care facilities. Register to receive email alerts on all guidance when updated for: CDC, CDPH, CDSS and CMS.
- Infection Prevention (HSAG) – Find webinars, checklists, reports, resources, data and guidance for your facility on COVID-19 and infection control.
- Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Program (CDPH)- Oversees the prevention, surveillance, and reporting of HAI and antimicrobial resistance (AR) in California’s hospitals and other healthcare facilities as well as assists local public health agencies to investigate unusual infection occurrences and outbreaks that occur in healthcare facilities.
Sonoma County Department of Public Health:
Ombudsman- Senior Advocacy Services:
Sonoma County Environmental Health:
Cal/OSHA Reporting Office:
Complaint Investigation Process
Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) Complaint Hotline
Home Care Services Bureau for Home Care Organizations
- SPOT (Shared Portal for Outbreak Tracking) (CDPH) – Directly report positive cases in schools, childcare settings, worksites, healthcare settings, and congregate facilities.
- Community Report of Home Antigen Results (Sonoma County) – Securely report positive home antigen tests to Public Health.
- Spanish-Reporte Comunitario de Resultados del Antígeno en Casa (Sonoma County) – Reporta las pruebas caseras positivas a Salud Publica.
- COVID-19 testing in Sonoma County – Local information about how, when and where to get tested.
- COVID-19 treatment in Sonoma County – Information about how to get no-cost treatment for COVID-19.
- Sonoma County COVID-19 vaccine information – Local information for the community, staff, and facilities on getting COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 Communications Toolkit (Sonoma County) – Flyers and outreach materials.
- Guidance for Ventilation, Filtration, and Air Quality (CDPH) – Recommendations on the practical steps building operators can take to promote better ventilation, filtration, and air quality in indoor environments for the purpose of reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- Isolation (Sonoma County) – Information on how to effectively isolate.
- Cal/OSHA Training Video on the Use of N95 Respirators – Training video on the voluntary use of a NIOSH approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator.
- Check online for N95 fit testing resources.